Any Idea's??

jen_1122

Reefing newb
I found this on my rock and was wondering what it was. Is it harmful to fish? Thanks for any idea's.

Attachments

• mystery guest #3.jpg
    mystery guest #3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 416
  • mystery guest #3 x2.jpg
    mystery guest #3 x2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 414
Peppermint Shrimp will eat it, otherwise, it can be quite a pain, very hard to eradicate. I put crazy glue on one I found, but there are products to buy to kill it.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've tried killing it 3 times with the aptaisia X:frustrat: and have been unable to kill it. That's why I was wondering. I'll give it another go. Thanks everyone.

Also, I found this little star that's different than the others. It looks kind of like my sand star, but the center looks like its separate from the legs. like it's jointed. It's bigger than my other hitch hiking stars i've found.

Attachments

• mystery star.jpg
    mystery star.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 324
  • mystery star 2.jpg
    mystery star 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 314
  • mystery star 3.jpg
    mystery star 3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 332
Its kinda cool. lol hopefully you can keep it. haha

you're probably not using enough of the aptasia x. it gets rid of all of mine. You have to make sure it goes perfectly in the center of it and make sure you're putting enough of it.

Also get a needle, and some lemon juice and try squirt it into the base stork of the aiptasia, that normally works!

I hate to say it but sometimes.. I get a syringe and just suck up the aptasia.
Its sort of hard to do but it really gets them. poor guys though.. probably painful.

sad

:bowdown: As always, thank you guys. That aptasia is in a really hard spot to get. Underneath and tucked towards the back. Of course it's a bottom rock :grumble:. Unfortunatelly, the peppermints aren't an option due to the fact my frogfish likes shrimp, lol. So, guess i'll have to try some of the other options.
I'm glad the star is a good one. He has some really cool markings. Yay, something I can keep :^::bounce::^:.

Yeah, i've heard it's hit or miss with the peppermints and aptasia's. But I did find a video on youtube for training them to eat the aptasia's.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKETx7fzYBI"]YouTube - Training peppermint shrimp to eat Aiptasia[/ame]
Maybe?

They're definitely hit and miss. I got five a couple months ago when I found an aiptasia. I knew, first of all, that the trigger would eat at least a couple of them. But the ones that made it got rid of the nem for me. And I feed my tank pretty heavily.

Back