Any Suggestions?

Humuhumununu

Reefing newb
Does anyone out there have any good suggestions on a clean up crew? I will definitely not have any starfish, and will most likely have a Bicolor Dottyback/ False Gramma. Any suggestions on what snail species and shrimp species to put in my new 135 gallon tank would be helpful. Thanks.

Why no starfish? Just curious. :)

You should have a pair of cleaner shrimp and half a dozen peppermints (just in case aiptasia pops up). I would also get a few emerald crabs, and a mix of snails (nassarius, astraea, Mexican turbo, cerith, nerite, trochus -- if available).

I would also check out reefcleaners.org and see what they offer in their CUC. Having a variety of creatures is best because they will all target different things

No starfish because I keep my 66g too clean. When I originally made the acount, I had a 66g for 6 months, however I was also hooked on adding a seperate tank for more fish. The 66g is mainly coral, and I wanted to experiment with some larger fish ( Foxface, Naso Tang, etc.) The reason why in my description it says 175g, was because at the time I was hooked on the Red Sea Max 750, but then I was prosuaded to go smaller with the RSM 500. Also the reason why I didn't know too much about clean up crew is because I only have two skunk shrimp in my 66g. While I'm on the topic though, does anyone know how to change my description?

Back