Anybody know what this is?

beancntr

Back into Salt
It's not letting me upload the pic from my gallery, Bobby I bow down to you :bowdown: I can't get it to work now. I've posted 3 pictures in my gallery of some blue thing I found on my rock. It's attached - is it some kind of coral or something I should get rid of right away?

I have no idea bean,but it looks like maybe some kind of sponge.
Maybe Biff or jrnhb will chim in,their good at IDing hitchhikers

if this is a sponge, shouldn't i get rid of it? Aren't they toxic? how do i do that? If it's going to harm my fish, i want it outta there!

Maybe Biff or jrnhb will chim in,their good at IDing hitchhikers

Ooooh Yote, Jelly's going to resent you for saying that, he's always trying to "best" me!

Anyways, I'd guess some sort of a sponge. Probably not harmful. I'd just leave it alone and see if it grows or spreads...

I can't get better pictures. It's toward the back of the tank and my camera won't let me get close enough - it just blurs. It's blue, looks like a snail shell, but is attached to the rock. I've scoured the internet and can't find anything close. I'm just worried that it's something bad for my fish.

Bean
After thinking about that pic,Im betting its a q-tip sponge which is harmless.If thats what it is,all new systems get them.You'll look one day and have thousands,then one day you'll look again and they'll all be gone.

Thanks - I feel better about it not harming my tank. My fish are still doing well. Lights are schedule in a couple of days - I can't wait!! Thanks again for all your input. I LOVE this site!!! :)

Back