Anyone ever use any of the Pinpoint Monitors?

fastrd400

It wasn't me!
I'm thinking of picking up a Pinpoint Calcium Monitor, and the Pinpoint Ph Monitor. Does anyone have any experience with these? I hate testing (actually the time involved) and am looking for something that makes it quicker and more easily readable.

But how often do the probes go bad? Considering I'm using 20 drops +/- of the calcium #2 solution every test. That makes replacing the tests often expensive as well.

The Calcium one I have used but the PH one I haven't. The only issue I had and have is that you are supposed to calibrate it before using it. That is tiresome IMO. I guess it's better and easier than the tests though. I just don't like to test. I have bad habits and I'm just not that interested in testing all the time. I haven't tested either tank in months other than a test strip now and then. If you test like you should I guess they would be great. Sorry I can't give you a better review. Just being honest.

That's totally cool, and I appreciate it. I try and test at least once a week, and that calcium test is for the freaking birds. Add drop, shake and repeat until you get a flippin purple color.

On trick about the API calcium test... if you know your going to at like 400+ when you test you can put 20drops in then start the one at a time drops. I would LOVE a calcium monitor I just bought a RKL and I hope they will make a calcium modules for it soon. I would much rather calibrate a PH/CALCIUM probe than do the tests? I am sure in the long run it will pay for itself depending on what test you use. I have started switching from API test to Elos test and API calcium is $12.95 at my LFS and $29.99 for the Elos I can go thought a test kit in about 6 months calcium anyways.

Thanks Donna. I was dropping like 17 drops of the #2 solution in to start, and then the one drop intervals after that. I just picked up a Calcium monitor this morning, so I'm gonna calibrate it, and get er going. I also bought a Ph monitor the other dsay and am waiting for it to be delivered.

On trick about the API calcium test... if you know your going to at like 400+ when you test you can put 20drops in then start the one at a time drops. I would LOVE a calcium monitor I just bought a RKL and I hope they will make a calcium modules for it soon. I would much rather calibrate a PH/CALCIUM probe than do the tests? I am sure in the long run it will pay for itself depending on what test you use. I have started switching from API test to Elos test and API calcium is $12.95 at my LFS and $29.99 for the Elos I can go thought a test kit in about 6 months calcium anyways.

How's the RKL working out for you? which probes, etc, did you get with it? can you view tank status online with it?

I love it, I got the basic $99 one then I got the PH/ Salinity module. I also have there float that I am wiring up for my ATO, not finished with that yet. I was planning on getting the net module in a few weeks but that is going to be put on hold until after I know about my job. I love it!!! I highly recommend it!

Back