Anyone use Bio-Spira?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Just wondering if anyone has ever used it.

I can't really find anything negative on it just a lot of good things from people.

I was just interested because I am sick of all these chemicals they sell and wanted something natural that is made of the actual bacteria the tank needs.

I also wanted to ask if anyone used Stress Zyme.

Thanks

most of those things will wreck havoc on your skimmer, and i dont think they really do much in a saltwater tank. I dont really know much about bio-spira, but i think you would be much better off not using stresszyme.

Ok. I just have read some really great thing about it.

It basically contains all of the bacteria your cycle will produce for your tank to be cycled.

I guess it just makes your tank biologically correct.

Your tank will be biologically correct on its own, even with your funky water parameters.

Also, you have to take all reviews with a grain of salt. You have no idea if that person has the knowledge to make an accurate review, or like many people who make equipment reviews, they make them seconds after they plug the product in - not giving it enough to time to see if it works in the long run.

True true.

Just to note I think this product was around since 2007 but just recently they made one that doesn't need to be refridgerated.

I wasn't ordering it already haha I just thought I would ask before I bought because I made that mistake before.

it sounds just like a freshwater product that people dump into their tanks so they can get fish immediately. Which makes me immediately suspicious when it comes to saltwater because many many of those products then to cause more problems than they solve. Just my two cents . . .

Well it was first developed by MarineLand and it was to be kept cold and then Instant Ocean made one that is shelf kept with the same bacterias.

It is for saltwater but I think they had one for Freshwater or something like that.

Exactly, its a freshwater idea they are trying to duplicate for saltwater. Makes me suspicious.

Also, just from my biology background, i wouldnt trust a product that has live bacteria and has been sitting around for who knows how long - you have no idea it any the bacteria are still alive.

Plus you already have plenty of bacteria in your tank. Even if it worked, you have no need for it.

I agree with all you said but it is not made out of chemicals it is just the bacteria your cycle produces.

I am not going to use it just saying what it is made of.

Look it up and read about it.

Back