API, KH test

Jason4

Reefing newb
The test direction say to count the drops till it turns yellow. Well, It starts to turn yellow at 8 drops, and by drop 11 its bright yellow. Witch one do I go with 8 or 11?

I can't remember off the top of my head but, it says that it should turn pale yellow in the instructions, doesn't it? I usually keep adding drops until I see all of the blue tint goes away.

I use API and mine says yellow. When its sort of looks bluish but with a yellow tint I add one more drop cap it and give it a quick shake. If it doesnt stay yellow I add one more drop and do it again. It should stay yellow.

If I had to guess id say 9dkh.

Are you shaking or swirling it between drops? I add 5 or 6 quick drops then cap it and shake it. Then add drop by drop shaking inbetween each drop.

Last edited:
I use API and mine says yellow. When its sort of looks bluish but with a yellow tint I add one more drop cap it and give it a quick shake. If it doesnt stay yellow I add one more drop and do it again. It should stay yellow.

If I had to guess id say 9dkh.

Are you shaking or swirling it between drops? I add 5 or 6 quick drops then cap it and shake it. Then add drop by drop shaking inbetween each drop.

Thats the method I use.Mine will usually turn a greenish yellow at 7 drops.One more drop will turn it yellow.

Back