aptaisa forest

bri74

Reefing newb
Not sure if I mentioned having an aptaisa forest growing but I did add the copper banded butterfly and some said that that fish wouldnt take care of it but it did almost over night. A little fyi

Keep an eye on the copper band. Mine cleaned out all of my aptesia and the just withered away over time. If you have friends with aptesia have them bring their rocks over. After my copperband died my aptesia population just exploded.

Copperbands are almost impossible to keep alive in captivity. At least, no one I know has done it for more than a few weeks. How long have you had yours? Peppermint shrimp are a much better option, as they take out the aiptasia and even do well in tanks without aiptasia. Plus they are cool looking.

I had mine in there for about 4 days but before I had brought it home I had to go to work for two weeks so the LFS kept it in there tank for me so its almost 3 weeks old. I dont think I could keep any shrimp in there with the Sea Goblin and I dont want to watch him eat up $20 per shrimp. Will keep you posted with the Copperband

I've had my copperband since November and its doing great(knock on wood).
He might go belly up tonight,but for now hes fat as sassy.
I personally think that copperbands are like mandrines.They a mature tank with a lot of live pods to be able to thrive.

Back