Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer ???

sasscuba

Reefing newb
Do you run it during the cycle? I have 125 gallon tank with 100 or so pounds of live rock.

When do the micro bubbles stop? It says a few weeks with the instructions but what needs to break in for them to stop and for it to run quiter?

Thanks.

Yea it will get better after a couple weeks.

I would suggest running the skimmer during the cycle, especially if your curing LR at the same time.

AquaC Remora/Remora Pro Protein Skimmers - Marine Depot - Marine and Reef Aquarium Super Store

Also the filter box at the link above can help reduce bubbles even further and improve performance by pulling the protein saturated water from the water surface.

As far as the noise I'm sure that has more to do with the pump your using than the skimmer itself... which pump are you using?

Brandon

bkv1997 said:
Yea it will get better after a couple weeks.

I would suggest running the skimmer during the cycle, especially if your curing LR at the same time.

AquaC Remora/Remora Pro Protein Skimmers - Marine Depot - Marine and Reef Aquarium Super Store

Also the filter box at the link above can help reduce bubbles even further and improve performance by pulling the protein saturated water from the water surface.

As far as the noise I'm sure that has more to do with the pump your using than the skimmer itself... which pump are you using?

Brandon

Rock is cured and full of coraline algae. I am using a Mag 3 pump. Called 4 SW stores today and they all said wait to turn it on after the cycle???

I'm confused then, because if you added completely cured LR then there shouldn't be a cycle. Unless of course you ordered what they called "cured" rock off the internet and it was out of water for hours, then it will have die off and isn't really cured anymore. Only when you set up a completely steril tank with base rock then start adding fish should you experience a cycle. If your tank has LR then the anerobi bacteria should alread be present.

If you're curing LR then you need to be running your skimmer.

Brandon

If your seeing an ammonia/nitrite/nitrate cycle going on and you only have LR
in your tank then your rock wasn't completely cured and I would be running my skimmer.

I commend you though for not taking the LFS or my word on stuff and doing research in numerous spots to determin whats best for your tank. I have provided you with a link to the other major fish forum that has the same question your asking and an answer...

Good luck, keep reading, and let us know how things turn out.

Reef Central Online Community

Brandon

Back