AquaC EV-180 skimmer

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
Got it up and running great!! :bounce: This thing pulls out skimate i couldn't even come close to with my ASM. I don't know what my ASM skimmers deal is but i cleaned the thing from top to bottom and just never got any skimate and am now convinced that the ASM skimmer is part of the reasons why i've been dealing with phosphates and algae. anyway the ASM skimmer is coming out of the sump within the next week and im gonna be tryin the gate valve mod, the mesh wheel mod, and the mod where you force the water and micro bubbles into the bottom of the skimmer and see what kind of effect i get out of it then. if it works like whole new skimmer it'll be gettin used on my dream frag tank if i ever get it going.

AquaC001.JPG

AquaC002.JPG

Just curious how noisy that new skimmer is? I read up on it and see that It uses a spray nozzle to create the foam for the skimmate. Does that add to the noise of it's operation, or is it pretty quiet? I am planning to upgrade my skimmer soon and it has to go in my sump, in my stand, and I HATE hearing pump/filtration noise. Would you recommend this skimmer to me?

Back