AquaC?

JBReef

Reefing newb
I'm looking at the aquaC Urchin W/ the MaxiJet-1200 for my 55 gal. I cant seem to find where the water comes back out and I was woundering if it comes out high and is noisy when the water falls back into the tank.

AquaC Urchin Protein Skimmer with Maxi-Jet 1200 Pump (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Protein Skimmers > In-Sump > Spray Injection > Up To 150 Gallons )

Thats the one I was looking at but I'v heard on a 55 when your not doing alot of fish I could go with no sump, just a HOB skimmer and a power head and that the live rock and live sand would be plenty of filtration?

Thanks

The water flows out of that skimmer right at the top.There is a little lip that extends back over the edge of the tank for return flow.So you'll get the sound of running water,plus some bubbles from the splash.Other than that,their supposed to be great skimmers.
You right about using youor rock,sand,and skimmer as your filter.Theres a lot of awesome tanks that are filtered that way.

Yote is right. If your tank is lightly stocked, you will not need anything more than a good skimmer and a bunch of live rock.

im using a prism in my 80 and the water returning to the tank is not loud at all. the whole setup all together is very quiet. i imagine that your setup there would be comprable as far as noice. and i assure you i have been having to work with my roommate with noise light everything. he always has something to say he will complain about.

I wouldn't use a Prizm on a tank that size unless it was going to be very lightly stocked. It didn't do the job on my 55.

im getting skeptical about mine. i mean its rated to 120g or something like that. but its not seeming to do really well so far

Hehehe. Was that a reference to me Freak? I run a tight ship. 13 fish in my 55 gallon. Including a tang. They're a very "close family".

Back