aquarium tops

Alot of people with saltwater run their tank without one. That way the water can get more oxygen to it. If you have fish that have a tendancy to jump then you could pur a top on.

Glass tops can cause your water to heat up and can also restrict gas exchange between the water and air, which can lead to low dissolved oxygen levels. Instead of using a glass top, you could buy some eggcrate (found in the lighting section of Home Depot or Lowe's) and cut it to fit the top. It lets the light in, lets the tank breathe, but keeps most jumpers in the tank.

Instead of using a glass top, you could buy some eggcrate (found in the lighting section of Home Depot or Lowe's) and cut it to fit the top. It lets the light in, lets the tank breathe, but keeps most jumpers in the tank.

Yeah all except Diamond Gobies. :grumble: I had (2) jump through eggcrate :frustrat:

Does it increase the evaporation rate? I've never gone topless (yeah, I went there) but I agree with the O2 thingy and think it would help

HAHA I guess I'm lucky. The only jumper I think I have had was the mean blue damsel I was wanting to take out.LOL

Back