aquascaping ideas?

VPOOL13

noob at best
starting my 45 over. Haven't purchased any liverock yet? so looking for good ideas?
and how do putties and wire framing work?

Get at least 10# of good live rock and some base rock.Loctite super glue GEL works good for a temporary use ( or permanent , but you will probably want to rearrange sometime down the road)

Personally i love the pukani dry rock from bulk reef supply. It is very light weight so you get more for your money. They fit together like puzzle pieces, which makes for a more natural look. I use super glue gel and jb waterweld epoxy putty. I like arches and caves.

The marco rock is also extremely light weight, all good dry rock will be.

I wouldnt use metal to hold the rocks together, i would use zip ties or epoxy.

The minimalist look just doesn't allow for a ton of hiding spots tho, I mean, that's ok if you are going to understock and get fish that aren't skittish or if you're getting all peaceful fish but I wouldn't do it. Comfortable/stressfree fish = Diseasefree/Happy fish. JMO

The minimalist look just doesn't allow for a ton of hiding spots tho, I mean, that's ok if you are going to understock and get fish that aren't skittish or if you're getting all peaceful fish but I wouldn't do it. Comfortable/stressfree fish = Diseasefree/Happy fish. JMO
yeah i agree. i had a pretty sweet minimalistic thing going for two weeks and i started to see a bit more aggressive behavior and the fish didn't act the same. added fifity pounds back into the tank with all kinds of hiding spots and caves, and all back to normal.

keep your fish happy with the new design!

yes i would place more rock i just liked the caves and openness to it. i do want a pillar in mine just dont really know how to make it yet??

Back