Aquascaping

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Has anyone planted with marine plants? I would love to talk to you if you have. Does anyone know of any resources about how to put something together like this?

plantedreef6.jpg

Thanks,
C

I wanted to do that with my old 75 and connect it to the sump on my 125.But didn't have the room:grumble:

I've seen several pictures of lagoon style tanks in magazines that would rival ANY reef tank.

Some fish will eat it. The thing about doing it in a reef tank is that the macro algae can so easily overtake and smother out your corals.

Some fish will eat it. The thing about doing it in a reef tank is that the macro algae can so easily overtake and smother out your corals.

If you prune it properly then it doesn't go sexual and overtake everything. You just have to get it out right. Is that why no one does it?

C

You know, you're right, why spend all that money so you can't have corals or fish? You can plant a terrarium if you want to keep plants and not spend the money on water, heaters, pumps, lights..... It doesn't make sense for most reefers.

C

i use to have a ton of it in my old tank before it all died.
it is supereasy to grow just put it in and with bright lights it will take off. i had two types of calurpa rase-mosa and the leafy one.

Back