Aquasun T5 Light Question

Aquatic Pet

Reefing newb
I am new to the Saltwater hobby and have a question about lighting. I bought a Aquasun T5 light set up with one Coral and one Sun. My question is do i leave both lights on at the same time or should I alternate them. I have been leaving both run all day, about 10-12 hours. My tank is 55 gallon and i have 60lbs of live rock. I eventually want to get corals and anemones to go with my fish. Please help with this question?

the light that you bought will grow some soft corals, and you will not be able to have an anenome. most of us have the blue bulb come on for 1 hour, then both bulbs, the blue again. for examble 10am blue lights come on, 11am-8pm both lights 8pm-9pm just blue. it gives a dusk to dawn affect

Nems are some of the hardest animals to keep in this hobby, requiring pristine water conditions, and higher than average lighting. I dont recommend anyone try them unless their tank has been set up for at least a year. They can also kill everything in your tank if they die.

Your light will be ok for soft corals at the top of your rocks, but not much else. I would upgrade your lighting to at least a 4 bulb t5 fixture (personally, i would go with a 6 bulb if you want to keep nems eventually) or a metalide or LED fixture if you want to keep other corals.

Back