aquatraders.com

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
Just browsing around and saw that aquatraders has some pretty incredible prices on a lot of things but that a lot of people didn't like them and they had kind of a bad rep?

Any insight into this?

Thanks

They do have a bad rep, and it's because they sell cheaper Chinese knock offs. So their products are (generally) of poorer quality.

There are a lot of people that have bought lights and skimmers from them and are very happy. You can save a ton of money. I've never ordered from them, so I can't say firsthand how they are, but I've heard good and bad about them.

Lots of people are starting to get equipment from them...I've had a t5 system from them myself. All of the negative was years ago, since then, I believe they have remodified their lights. There is that saying "you get what you pay for", but I like them and may get the 30in mh from them.

thats actually what I was about to buy was the 30 inch halide, i've gone cheaper on some things and not been happy, but i want to make the upgrade to mh lighting and just don't have that much extra cash to do so...

Funny, I see them in the magazines and I also posted them in my thread. Im looking at this model:

Odyssea 30" 380W Metal Halide System with Power Compact

I ordered from them about 3 years ago. I had a terrible experience and will never order from them again. I had a light that about burnt my house down! and when it came time to fix the issues they never returned my call.

It was an odyssea light fixture. thats my 2cents...

That's what Odyssea fixtures have been known to do. They started quite a few house fires. Supposedly, the problem was fixed and the fixtures they sell now do not have that problem.

Back