Are Kent products good?

Piratefish

SPS Freak
There are so many products out there and I was wondering which brand you guys are using.

I would like to raise my Ca from 400 to 440 and i would like to raise my Ph from8.0 to 8.2

400 calcium is fine and there is no need to raise to to 440. There is absolutle no advantage in keeping your calcium at 440 instead of 400. Same with your pH. 8.0 is fine and there is no reason to try any supplements to change it. What's your alk?

I am thinking ahead here. I want to have a few clams and all of the reading is saying the Ca should be on the higher end of things. Some recommendations I have read are Calcium 400-450 mg/L and Alk 7-12 and Ph 8.0-8.2.

Are there any clam people out there:-? Also for stony coral doesn't the Cal need to stay higher? I have been reading waaaaay to much.

I don't have my notes here at home but I will check what the Alk is when I get to the office.

I have a clam and some SPS. For calcium and SPS, anything around 400 is fine. Your parameters are fine for whatever you want to keep. It takes a lot of SPS to deplete calcium in a measurable way. If yours is naturally staying at 400, then I wouldn't worry.

Okay thanks I was reading Fenner and it was reading as if a clam or two and some SPS would SUCK the calcium right out of the tank.

If its got a stony skeleton,its gonna use calcium and carbonates.But they dont use it up that fast unless you have a tank choked full of SPS.
The REAL key is stability.The more stable your parameters,the better your corals are gonna do.A tad low or high either way isnt bad,as long as its stable.

Back