Are they dead?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Heres a few pics. My frogspawn was doing well till I tried to move him last week, since then he hasn't opened at all. I just moved him again today to try and find a calmer spot, but is there any way to tell if he's dead. Same with the other frag. It was clipped and given to me by another reefer, but this is exactly how he's looked since I got him about a month ago.

128.jpg

130.jpg

The top is the frogspawn, and I'm glad to hear its not dead. The other is apparantly ricordia? It was given to me but I haven't paid it much thought as it refuses to liven up for me

It dont look good for the ric.I wont say its dead because it dont look like its melted.But I'd say its pretty dang close.

If he just got fragged a month ago, give hime some time. Let it adjust to its new lighting and conditions. And always hope for the best

Brian

i figured I'd help you out with a picture of my frogspawn that wasn't looking good. I bought it cheap, with three huge heads on it. I was sooooo happy to put it in my tank.... then I dropped it... :pissedof:

So after posting here and cursing for a bit, I put them in the tank. All was good for a few days, then the lone piece started looking like crap:

dec9035.jpg

There was a whitish slime over the top half of it. I wound up pulling it out so it didn't poison the rest of my tank.

Anyway, if you see a slime on it like the slime in my picture, I would take it out. If it just looks all sucked in, but not slimey, I'd wait to see what happens.

Good luck!

The frogspawn definitely isn't dead.If you moved it to an area with to strong of flow,it won't open.

The second doesn't look like a ric,it looks like a majano anemone.

Does the coral in the 2nd pic have a skeleton? It's hard to tell what it is...I have a hammer that can look the same way, when it's deflated, with no flow, and pissed off....

I'm only going by what the guy told me as far as it being a ric......I do know the only anenome he had in his tank was a bubble tip.....could it be something else he clipped for me?

Update, my frogspawn isn't looking any better, and my cleaner shrimp is constantly harassing him.......):

Have you checked your salinity? My frogspawn, and my small tempermental hammer are both good water quality indicators... both dislike nitrates (as they all do) and both are pretty sensitive to ph and salinity, and show it.

Not sure if that helps....

Back