Are triggers compatible with yellow anemones?

Keaton

Reefing newb
I have a maroon clown and i'd like to get a yellow anemone for him to hang out with. I've also got my heart set on a picasso trigger. Are the anemones safe? Couldn't find any info online about that. Thanks in advance.

The trigger shouldn't bother the anemone, but if your tank is 1 month old, you probably should not get an anemone anyways. They do not live for long in young tanks, and I recommend only adding them if your tank is at least 10 months old. They get sick and die and will wipe out your entire tank with them.

That being said, I was able to keep a bubble tip anemone under the same lights you have in a 55 gallon tank, so your lighting is a bit on the low side for an anemone, but do-able.

I'm not familiar with the yellow anemone, I've never heard of it before. Does it have another name? Some anemones are easier than others. Some don't survive in captivity period. But all are very challenging animals (harder to keep than corals) and not good for a new tank at all.

I've never heard of a yellow anemone either.Like Biff mention,you need a very mature system and strong lights.I would wait at least 8 months before attempting one.I'm more concern about keeping a Picasso with a maroon especially if the trigger is much larger than the clown.I can see a large Picasso making a meal out of a maroon is hungry enough.

I was planning on letting the maroon grow a bit and then getting a smaller picasso. I was just thinking that if i put them together when the maroon has a safe place it would be easier. I'll have to find the scientific name for that anenome. Thanks!

triggers grow bigger and alot faster the a maroon clown fish. i think u should skip the trigger. altho they are really atractive i wanted a clown trigger

Back