Arrow crab

charmon09

Reefing newb
last week i got a LTA and it seems to be doing good. my aarow crab that has been in the tank for a few months now keeps setting right on top of my LTA during the day. it is not for very long, maybe 15 min once or twice a day. he is the only thing in the tank that will get close to the LTA and i am just wondering why? it doesnt seem to bother the anemone to much

that is weird...not that i have much nem knowledge i would think the nem would get pissed off. If he doesnt mind i guess i wouldnt worry to much. Snap a pic and post...would be pretty cool to see.

The arrow crab is actully doing it because they will steal any food that comes to the nem. The arrow crab I had did the same thing to my LTA. I also saw my arrow crab cleaning my nem taking any food that it did not eat and was just sitting in between its tentacles. It's a one-way partnership for the most part because the arrow crab if hungry enough with clip off tentacles to eat. Through out the course of this hobby I've had 5 arrow crabs each acted differently around the nems I had at first. But eventually they all started to seal feed when the nems were being fed if not clipping tentacles.

Though I am not dissing Arrow crabs I love them they are my favorite crab. I'm just letting you know if your nem looks pisses off at all and its not because of your tanks parameters start looking for missing tentacles.

last week i got a LTA and it seems to be doing good. my aarow crab that has been in the tank for a few months now keeps setting right on top of my LTA during the day. it is not for very long, maybe 15 min once or twice a day. he is the only thing in the tank that will get close to the LTA and i am just wondering why? it doesnt seem to bother the anemone to much

Could be an anemone crab but to be sure a picture would help or do a search and find a picture so you can compare

Albert

Back