Assembling a Ref box

AdamC

Reefing newb
I'm assembling a ref box and need some guidance as I bought a pre-made box and am adding parts to it.

I have a skimmer that acts as a HOB as well as in the sump.
I also have a sump pump
The box I have is made by CPR and is a AquaFuge PRO small

My problem is that I'm new to this and have been looking at all the different designs and instructions to other sumps and refs. Now I have a prebuilt one with different accessories then the manufacturer ones.

In the middle area I plan on putting the sand and rock. Where do I put the rest of my parts as well as any additional parts I might need. I was also considering adding a whisper filter to where the water flowed into for extra filtration. I also need to pick up some flex tubing.

Here's the link to the picture and instructions as I am having trouble copying the picture over. http://www.cpraquatic.com/pdf/aquafugepro.pdf
It has a smaller box within one of 3 sections that says it has an inlet from the overflow? and it also has an adjustable gate.

Pleaseeeeee helppppp me :frustrat: Very frustrated as I want to get this running but I'm just stuck after doing a bunch of research.

I also need an overflow box for my 90 gallon tank does it matter which type I get or will need?

Here is a picture of my sump/fuge box

From left to right
I believe this is the return section, middle would be the fuge, and right would be the in flow.

I was going to put the pump on the left side but was unsure as to where to put the skimmer as I dont think the right side would be large enough. and I dont really understand the little over flow box built into it.

Attachments

• sump rez.jpg
    sump rez.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 369
Back