Atlantic Blue Tang with Yellow tang..

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so i have the chance to get a Atlantic Blue tang for a good price and is already ben established in another aquarium for 6 months. My question is should i risk it adding it to my tank with my Yellow tang and Sailfin tang ??/ Will it fight. My tank has ben doing so good for a good time now, other than bubble coral. i just dont want to screw it all up.

Civic, what size are your yellow and sailfin? What size is the atlantic blue? Is the atlantic blue still a juvenile or has it already changed to its adult coloration?

The blue is Acanthurus sp. and the others are Zebrasoma. I would think they would get along as long as you have the room, but as always, be watchful.

Also, +1 on size and colour. If theyre similar sized and adult colouration, they should be okay.

Yeah but they take long to grow and i already have a 280 in storage to set up when i get our own house next year. But yeah i get you. Im still debating it. Not sure what to do.

The Yellow is already established, and will go after the Atlantic. If they are the same size, he should be able to hold his own. There shouldn't be an issue between the Sailfin and the Atlantic however.

Man just seen it today and im like tham it, its beautiful. I told him a needed to think about the risk and streesing my current fish out.. im like ahhhh i dont know what to do

With the yellow and sailfin already in the tank, I'd hold off on the Atlantic.
Even though Atlantics are by far my favorite tang, it's not worth pushing the issue with 2 other tangs that can be fairly aggressive themselves.

I think you are ok with 3 tangs in a 125.

I find when you add a new tang they will get chased around for a couple of days and things generally settle down.

My first tang was a yellow tang and when i started to add other tangs he was crazy aggressive. I ended up moving him to a "time out" tank for a few months and then added him back in the main display. He is a model citizen now. I have 4 tangs in a 110g.

Ok guys i really want this fish now iys colors are just amazing. What do u guys think its a little bigger tham my yellow tang so i think it will hold its own. I just really dont want a ich break out.

If its a nice and healthy specimen I'd go for it. Your other tangs are established and healthy. This guy sounds like he'll hold his own. You will probably need to do lights out for a few days, hang mirrors for the sailfin and yellow, and/or rearrange rocks, but I bet they'll settle in with each other in a few days. I don't think you are going to have an ich outbreak like you did at the beginning - your tank is established, stable, your fish are healthy, and you know what you're doing!

Wish me luck guys. Atlanitic blue aclimated and now in the tank. Hopefully all goes good tommorow since its night time right now.

Well guys so far the aggresor seems to be the new abt. Sailfin got bit ones but seems to be left alone now and the yellow tang is not letting himself. So the atb and yt keep flarring and displaying arround eachother. But the sailfin is fully submisi e to the abt. Hopefully everything calms down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AXIHEU6DA]Atlantic blue tang New to the tank. - YouTube[/ame]

short video now with lights on. as you can see abt is the agressor. even with my triger. hopefully all come down soon.

So by the End of today, The ABT is pretty much leaving the other tangs alone but chassing the Blue Jaw any time it come close to it. Im guessing its piced because this morning the blue jaw Bit it when it tried to punk the blue jaw, but now the blue jaw is being punked around.

Other than that he seems really happy he came from a 75 gl tank so hes swimming all acros the tank im guessing he loves the space.

Very nice! Everyone looks pretty happy and it sounds like everyone settled in very quickly. Give it a few more days and I'm sure the abt and trigger will work it out!

Back