ATO by gravity?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
My ATO on my old tank is controlled by an ATO from autotopoff.com that uses a sicce pump to pump the water in to the tank. But on the new tank I might be able to forgo the pump and just use water pressure from gravity. What would I need to control this? :12:

So does the water line connect directly to either one of those float valves?
What about a secondary one incase the first one fails? I have that on my current ATO and it provides peace of mind.

With the toilet float, I got an adapter at ACE with one end fitting the toilet valve, and the other end of the adapter fitting the tubing.

The one I put up connects with the ro/di line. If you don't use kalk it won't fail. I have one to fill my ro container and one in my sump.

My ATO on my old tank is controlled by an ATO from autotopoff.com that uses a sicce pump to pump the water in to the tank. But on the new tank I might be able to forgo the pump and just use water pressure from gravity. What would I need to control this? :12:

Did you get your gravity ATO going. I need to do something like this but want to see if it worked before trying it.

Not yet. I haven't had time, but I need to get it up and running soon because using a 5g container to constantly top off a 130g is getting old. :razz:

Back