ATO questions

So i bought a JBJ ATO...still waiting for delivery. I guess my ignorance is getting the best of me. So i need a sepreate pump to pump the water? How does the pump know when to pump the water as i suspect those two wont be hooked/linked together...as far as a pump is concerned on most youtube vids ive seen ppl are using the aqua lifter...is that the best buy? I need somthing thats going to be able to push the water UP (from below my tank) around 3-4 feet going directly into my tank. I feel stupid asking this because i feel i should know all these questions.

Thanks

Dana

Happy Turkey day, time to go work 12hrs...FML:Cheers:

The aqualifter is a great pump. It is tied into the jbj so that when the float triggers the unit, the control module turns on the pump. As the float switch closes, the controller shuts off current to the pump, thus stopping flow.

See i guess none of the vids ive watch atually show the pump being linked to the ATO...

That aqua lifter should be able to push water up the back of my tank? Its about a 3-4 foot span to go into the tank.....Should i buy two? They are only 16 bucks...I woulda just text u Wade but since its turkey day....thanks tho!

I just did a you tube search and found a couple videos. The says lodger plugs into the bottom of the controller. There is only one plug, so I assume you only need one pump.

I'm in the same boat as you Dana, I'm looking for a way to top off my tank using an ato, without having a sump. Most videos I saw were using the gravity method, which I can't do. So I'm following along.

the maxijet pumps wont work to move water up a couple of feet, make sure whatever pump you do get can move water up. I had to go through a couple of different pumps before I got one that could move my water up and into the tank.

I have been using a maxi 1200 I had sitting around in my top off tank. It pumps up 4 ft well. I love the unit but snails can be a problem on the float switch.:twocents:

Back