Aussie Spider Sponge?

Anyone have any experience with these? I can't find a lot of info on them. I love the look and would love to add one, but not sure if I can support it. I'm going to frag swap next month and I've been starting to reserve things I want. Someone has frags of this for 10 bucks.

Oooh! I had one when I set up my seahorse tank (I filled it with sponges and gorgs, but never got around to actually getting the seahorses). I had it for about 4 months before I took the tank down and turned it in at my LFS. It stayed healthy during that time, but I'm not sure how worthwhile a frag would be, I think they grow pretty slowly.

Thank you Sarah, finally someone had some input and it wasn't horrible "oh no stay away from that" advice so I reserved it. I guess if don't grow, I'll just have a tiny piece of pretty.

Good luck with it! Try to make sure you have enough food for it in your water column, and supplement if you think you don't. They sure are pretty. When I set up my next tank, I'm going to try one again.

Back