Auto Top-Off

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Since Sapphire Aquatics is local to me and Kyle built my sump, i had him build me a top-off container that I'm going to keep in the room adjacent to my tank and just run the water line through the wall. He built it in black acrylic with one clear side so i can see the water level, and the lid even has a handle on it. It's also pre-drilled for the water line and power cord. So now i just need an ATO for my sump. I plan on eventually getting a reefkeeper elite. Will the ato i get now work with the RKE, or does the RKE have something that will replace all or part of the ATO that I get now? For instance the JBL ATO has some kind of control panel that comes with it but that would be a waste when i get the RKE, right?
So with that in mind, any suggestions for ATO?

ok, but this is where i need you guys to clear my confusion. :mrgreen:
Doesn't the RKE control auto top offs?
If not, then no biggie.
But if it does, I don't want to buy something that is going to be duplicated by the RKE.
Know what I'm sayin?
And then I saw the ones at autotopoff.com which obviously don't need a controller because they are using the solenoids. Well if that's the case then what are the controllers for? If I go with something like those, I'd want the dual one for safety and they are out of stock for a couple weeks. Bummer.

I honestly dont know if the RKE does ATOs or not.
I do know you can control the lights,heaters and fans for temp control,calcium reactors,pumps and power heads to make waves.

Thanks, darko.
Ya, i've been watching it on reefcentral.com
There's a few bugs here and there but they let you download free firmware updates and the potential of what it can/will control is pretty amazing. That article was posted back in september and it has come along since then.

Back