awlifjdgjkhkgh flame angeeeellll woes!

Briesus

Reefing newb
So, I bought this amazing, beautiful flame angel on Sunday morning. His name is Terry.

I noticed Sunday afternoon that his right eye was a bit cloudy...But he was eating and active, so I decided to wait until Monday to run and get some medicine, thinking he had a bacterial infection.

Last night, he was doing this weird thing where he would just hang out right at the top of the tank with his nose almost hanging out of the water, and he'd kinda just hang for a second, then dart about like a madman, then do it all over again.

Here we are, Wedensday morning, and poor, innocent Terry is almost belly up. Still alive, but is floating at the bottom of the tank belly up. I quarantined him, even though I don't think it will help him.

My levels are all perfect. Did a water change Saturday night. All my other fish are fine, no diseases, not being mean to him, but he is sick as a dog and I am in bummerville, population: 3. (me, my bf, and Terry).

Is there ANYTHING I can do, or am I too late? I suspect he was already sick when I got him, but nonetheless he was semi-active until last night. Total sadness prevails.

Sorry to hear about your fish. If he is doing what you say... Then i think it may be to late for him. Is he eating at all? Sounds like he was probably sick when you got him. Sounds like Mad Cow Diesease to me. I would say something to the Pet store that you bought him from if it was that recent, but thats just me. Good luck.

Yes, I hate to say it, but I think he has seen better days. Do you have any other fish and are any of them showing any signs of illness?

Sorry about your beloved Terry. :(

i think he is going to be a goner it is so hard to say what is really wrong with him. i would just take him out and freeze him or give him a vodka bath and then take it back to the store if the have a week guarantee

I agree with everyone else with this one...except the diagnosis of mad cow disease :) ...sorry about your misfortune.

wicked bummer, dudes and dudettes. He's gone. siiiiiiiiiiiigh. Thanks for all the info and help. I dunno if I am going to purchase another flame angel right away, maybe a blenny or something for now. They're easily maintained and I love my scooter to death. drats! +kicks at invisible dirt patch+

My guess is he died of a bacterial infection. When you see a cloudy eye that`s the start of a bacterial infection. It`s always good to do frequent PWC`s to clear that up but if you dont then it developes into a secondary bacterial infection that usually is fatal. I`m just letting you know so next time you see the cloudy eye you`ll know what to do. Sorry about your loss.

Back