Back to saltwater

dzfish17

Reefing newb
I'll try and keep this short. Ive been an aquarist since 1980 but only went to saltwater about 6 yrs ago. I bought my 600g dream tank in 08 but the economy went bad so I decided to just keep african cichlids. Its almost been a year since I set up the tank and I cant take it any longer. Once you go to saltwater its really hard to keep anything else. Ive already started pulling the rocks out and I cant wait to start my aquascape project. My plan is to do a FOWLR tank. Im saving money for the skimmer and live rock and hope to start in the next couple months. If you want to see the current set-up you can check out my site at http://www.daves600gallontank.com/ :^:

Cool. That is a beautiful tank, but as you have stated, I look at it and start going wild with ideas for all the salty creatures you could put in it. Welcome back to the hobby. You have stumbled onto a great site and we are always happy to help! Im looking forward to seeing your tank showcase as the build begins.

welcome back to saltwater. A 600 gallon tank would be nice. This is gonna be a cool project.

Think of all the possibilities with 600 gallons to work with.How's your experience been with acrylic tanks?Scratches,etc.etc.?

Welcome to the site!

Thanks everyone. Im looking forward to being on this forum as everybody seems to be pretty relaxed. I was on a freshwater forum that had some real hotheads and alot of ignorant fish keepers. Im not really a fan of acrylic but chose it for its light weight and that I could drill it myself. I did put a couple of small scratches on it when I first set it up but now Im careful to check the magnet for sand before cleaning.

Thats a cool name. Dont be intimidated just take youre time and before you know it youll be going bigger and bigger and bigger until youre wife tells you to stop or meet her in divorce court. Just kidding. The wife and kids love the hobby too.

Back