Ballast

madlynb

madtaz
Oh mighty and informative ones. I am in need of a new ballast. Here are the specs:
H/D Ballast; AC120V 60Hz
Line current: 2.35 amps (MAX) @120V
Power factor: Min 90%
Thermally Protected
Minimum Starting Temp: 0 degrees C
Maximum Mounting Distance: 33ft
Type 1 Outdoor
Max Case Temp (tc): 90 degrees C
Max Output Voltage: 920Vpk
The fixture was purchased thru AquaTraders, Metal Halide 1134W. It is an external 250W Electronic HQI Metal Halide Ballasts with On/Off Switch.
I have crossed checked bulbs and ballasts and this one is definitely out. Your advice of where to buy one is greatly appreciated.:bowdown::mrgreen::frustrat:

See if you have a local electric supply house near you. Take the ballast in and they might be able to help you out there.

As long as the ballast and bulb are rated the same, you shouldnt have any problem. Just make sure you wire it up right.

Brian

So my understanding is that I will need to buy the insides and wire it up and put it back together? You don't live too far from me. Any local electric stores you can refer me to?

Where are you at?

I know of one place in crestwood. never been there but it is on cicero and 135th ish. I beleive its called Crest Lighting or something like that. I will have to go by there and see what its called. Wont be for a couple days since I am going out of town this weekend

If you have pics of the set up, they might help also.

Brian

I just remembered what its called.

Its Evergreen Oak Elecrtic and it is in the same building as Crest Lighting. It might even be the same company. Its on the west side of Cicero.

I am assuming those big external ballasts can be opened and the guts changed out of them. Never actually dealt with one but have changed ballasts out of those large High Bay lighting which are 250 watt MH and you need to take the whole thing appart.

Brian

i know it would involve shipping but you can allways call the "light bulb shop" in austin TX on burnet rd.. thoes guys have helped me find some pretty weird stuff in the past.

Back