Basement sump

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
I'm thinking about moving my sump to the basement so I have more room to work with, reduce noise in the living room, and help keep the tank soon.

Right now I'm running a mag 12 at about 5 feet, the basement would make it around 11-12 feet. Any recommendations on a good pump? Do you think I'd pay significantly more in electricity? I guess I could figure it out by looking at wattage when I figure out what pump to run.

I would PM Yote or Cccapt, I can't remember which one does it but, one of them was running their sump from their basement.

You would definantely need a stronger pump. How much it would add onto your monthly bill wouldn't be known until you pick it out and look at the wattage compared to the current wattage.

It will also add to the heat in your tank sometimes. My sister had her sump in the basement and the friction of the water going through that much tube actually overheated her tank. The pump itself was an external pump. It was however a larger pump than they needed, so the water moving too fast was part of the issue. Good luck :D

Back