Battle Scars or rock damage

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I noticed this on my BlueJaw recently, well tonight because it was not there this afternoon. I could see scales hanging off of it.

It looks to be scraped so I am leaning toward it getting scratched on rocks as opposed to bites.

I will say though that my Hippo Tang like to chase the male but the female is always in her cave. I noticed the Hippo and the Foxface Lo which seem to be jerks whenever they want like to sometimes hang out where the Triggers dug a ditch into their cave.

I saw the male going sideways in another entrance when they were there in front. I can't lie, I would give away the Hippo before I let it hurt the Triggers. Hippos are cheap and annoying after a while.

I am kind of over the Tang show and only like my Lieutenant Tang anymore to be honest. I can't deal with the drama Tangs can bring haha. I mean I know people with gentle Hippos and mine flips out over food and gets rowdy like it can't eat enough. All my fish are tubs and well fed.

I would also ad that the normally docile Foxface is a real trouble maker. I had him out of the tank and put him back in because his upper lip looked pulled back and it was his white snout showing. That has gone back to normal so i am not sure what that was about. Figured he smashed it in the sump.

Yes that bubble in the back is in deflate mode. Normally the whole thing would not fit in that shot.

Anyway here are some pix of the Trigger's side.

photo(12) by Phastroh1, on Flickr

photo(13) by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Can't really say for sure, but I do see that it looks like someone got a nip at his dorsal fin, so what you are seeing on his side might be from bullying. Sounds like you've got quite the tank full right now!

Can't really say for sure, but I do see that it looks like someone got a nip at his dorsal fin, so what you are seeing on his side might be from bullying. Sounds like you've got quite the tank full right now!

I have actually ruled out bullying in regards to his side. It is from the rocks.

About his fin. I was like that prior to purchase but it will go away.

The tank has about the perfect sized population. Many fish in there are small and get no larger than 3" on average. There are about 3 or 4 that may get large over time.

There aren't too many fish that would pick on a trigger... How is he doing? Is it looking any better?

My Hippo seems to not like him that much but that Hippo has always been hyper since it has grown bigger and my Foxface thinks he is the tank.

He looks 10 times better though. It is fading quick.

Back