begginer

Hi ayenn. :wave: Welcome to the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here ready to help. What specific question do you have? Ask away, someone will know the answer.

Hi David

I am buying a 120 gallon aquarium and would like to set it up for salt water (coral reef) i do not have the basic equiptment yet so I would like to know what will I need to set it up? If you have the brand and the models for the equipment that would be nice to know.

lights
a good set of t5's or mh light(at least 250w mh bulbs) with t5's

a refractometer for testing the salinity
test kits to test the water ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, cal, mag, alk, ph

a good skimmer such as an octo 250 extreme or something like it

just be for warned that this hobby is very expensive you want to spend the money only once on quality equiptment of you will be rebuying things and wished you would have just spent a couple hunderd more on the better light or skimmer.

also, you should start thinking about if you are going to run an over the back overflow, or have the tank drilled, or if your gonna run any kind of a sump(i strongly suggest running something for a sump) it'll let you hide the skimmer, heaters, and stuff like that so that the 120 gallon DT(display Tank) can be clean, and beatuiful to look at, and not be full of equipment.

Not to mention that by running a sump you can have more water in your system, and the more total water you have in the system, the more stable it is, and the better chances for success you will have.

yes, pictures, lots of them, we love them.. even if it is of an empty tank sitting on the floor in the garage, we still wanna see!

:)

Back