Beginner needing ID's Thank you!

SantannaHawkins

Reefing newb
Hello! I am a beginner! However my tank is not!! I received a 50 gallon 9 year old salt water setup and I have no idea what I am doing with it! I am gonna learn though! It has always been a dream of mine to own my own Reef tank! (I am a born an raised aquarium hobbiest. My father has always had a TON of tanks! And now I have 6 freshwater tanks in my house) But with how expensive it is to get one (Reef Tank) going it just seemed too far out of reach! Well my wait is over! I had a friend of a friend have a baby and her tank began to get neglected. So she wanted to get rid of it and here we are now! It's set up in my living room now!
Ok when I moved it I kept everything! including the sand. It is set up just like it was at her house (only with some rearranged rock!).
I am going to post some photos for ID's. anything you see in the pics that you can name would be greatly appreciated, as I know NOTHING about any of! I do know the two fish I got and I have researched them. I want to know what everything is called so I can become familiar with what is in there and how to care for it.
ALSO any maintenance advise I could get would be really helpful as well! Oh I am so excited for my new adventure!!

Attachments

• 2012-07-31 07.05.51.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 223
I would warn you to test the water frequently and watch for an ammonia spike. If you kept the old sand it will have stirred up a lot of junk and you will want to be prepared to do water changes as needed to keep the level down since you have living creatures already in the tank.

The first pic are mushrooms...try uploading your pics to photobucket.com and then copy and paste the img code to the forum.

Back