Bengai Cardinals

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I want to add some bengai cardinals to my tank. I'd like to get four of them but I think maybe you should have an odd number of them for aggression reasons. Is this the case and should I get only three or is it ok to go four?

the bigger the tank the better for more then one of these fish. These fish will be aggressive to each other unless in mated pairs. If you would like to get more then one per tank I would say make sure that you buy mated pairs and go with one pair at a time until you reach your desired amount. Based on your post I would say 2 mated pairs but I don't know if this msg is to late or not but thats what I know about these fish.

I had 3 of them in my 60. Now I have 2. One is big and amazingly beautiful. He bullies the other one terribly. It's sad, the other one is tattered and small and can never come out. This has been going on a long time. I wish I could rehome the bullied one.

Hi, I had three of these a few months ago. I lost all three. I now have a mated pair of tank bred and raised doing awesome! I strongly agree that it must be a mated pair for success. My tank is a 120 gallon btw.

4 is probably best...in my work tank i stupidly added just one...he didnt do very well and sadly lesson learned. My LFS and myself dropped the ball. In pairs they do much better.

Back