Bengai Cardinals

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by clancaster23, Aug 14, 2014.

1. clancaster23

clancaster23

I want to add some bengai cardinals to my tank. I'd like to get four of them but I think maybe you should have an odd number of them for aggression reasons. Is this the case and should I get only three or is it ok to go four?

clancaster23, Aug 14, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. clancaster23

claireputput

I have a pair but not sure if odd matters or not-my tank is a 120g, so on the smaller side but big enough for the pair! :)

claireputput, Aug 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. clancaster23

joshuashih1 Seahorse Owner

the bigger the tank the better for more then one of these fish. These fish will be aggressive to each other unless in mated pairs. If you would like to get more then one per tank I would say make sure that you buy mated pairs and go with one pair at a time until you reach your desired amount. Based on your post I would say 2 mated pairs but I don't know if this msg is to late or not but thats what I know about these fish.

joshuashih1, Sep 15, 2014
  4. clancaster23

SarahSmile :)

I had 3 of them in my 60. Now I have 2. One is big and amazingly beautiful. He bullies the other one terribly. It's sad, the other one is tattered and small and can never come out. This has been going on a long time. I wish I could rehome the bullied one.

SarahSmile, Oct 5, 2014
  5. clancaster23

claireputput

Hi, I had three of these a few months ago. I lost all three. I now have a mated pair of tank bred and raised doing awesome! I strongly agree that it must be a mated pair for success. My tank is a 120 gallon btw.

claireputput, Oct 5, 2014
  6. clancaster23

finestbeast

4 is probably best...in my work tank i stupidly added just one...he didnt do very well and sadly lesson learned. My LFS and myself dropped the ball. In pairs they do much better.

finestbeast, Nov 2, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question