Berlin Sumps

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
SO for those of you that have followed my other tread on a DIY sump, i guess i have decided to go with these Sumps and use 2 of them. Im going to get rid of the baffles and put my own in. Then i will drill the Sumps for bulkhead fitting that will fit 1 inch PVC slip so i can glue them, Or i might just run some rubber tubing betwen the bulheads and clamp them. anyways this actually seems like the best bet so far and Is pretty much the size i would need.

Unless someone els might know of a sump that has no Baffle and is no longer than 25 inches and no wider than 14 and no taller than 14. that i can buy 2 off for cheaper then drill them for my needs. If you know of something let me know.

Berlin Sumps

I would look into some 10-20 gallon tanks. IMO it would be cheaper even if you break one while drilling it out. You can also get the glass whole saw off ebay for cheap. Or even take them some where to get drilled.

The LFS that I deal with here will drill glass tanks for $10 a hole, but they done guarantee they can do it without breaking the tank. If you could find several cheap tanks, in case one breaks, maybe a LFS near you could drill them?

So i started calling all the glass places around and the cheapest i found to drill the hole in glass was 30 $ a hole. that 120 $ just for the holes lol, So i started looking around and i found some 60 and 66 qt thats 15 & 16.5 gl sterlite and rubbermaid containers that might work, my only thing is if i put baffles in will they hold with the flex the countainer will have ???

Back