Best Protein Skimmer

Coral Commander

Reefing newb
I have a 55 gallon tank and I had a 100 gallon skimmer just go out on me and I am looking into getting another one. I was thinking of perhaps getting a 75 gallon skimmer instead. What would be the recommendation? I am looking to get an the best quality replacement skimmer for my tank.

I took a look and one website is saying that Reef Octopus is just as good as Bubble King and the replacement parts for them are much easier to acquire than that of Bubble King. I am not concerned about the price of Bubble King, the problem is whether or not it will fit in the sump.

So you would recommend a 100 gallon skimmer for a 55 gallon tank as opposed to a 75 gallon skimmer?

I did a little research and believe that I currently have a ASM G2 Protein Skimmer that is rated to 200 gallons. The picture looks just a little different then what I have but it does have the same Sedra KSP-3500 pump so I figured it is as close as they come to what I have. Do you think this skimmer is better then a Reef Octopus?

I did a little research and believe that I currently have a ASM G2 Protein Skimmer that is rated to 200 gallons. The picture looks just a little different then what I have but it does have the same Sedra KSP-3500 pump so I figured it is as close as they come to what I have. Do you think this skimmer is better then a Reef Octopus?

I can't tell you if the ASM is better then the Reef Octopus skimmer.I can tell you that the ASM is a very good skimmer so I would use it if it fits.

Back