Best way to do some landscaping?

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
I recently moved my entire tank...as a result, things got mismatched and scattered around the tank.

Nothing is really a problem except my Seafoam Palys....which grow like weeds. Before they were contained in one rock crevice but now they are spread out between two rocks on opposite sides of the tank as well as the actual frag which is covered in them.
I basically want to remove a bunch from one spot because I feel like as they grow they will shade or cover or war with some zoas nearby.

I've read that you shouldn't mess with palys too much because of their toxins. I've touched these with my bare hands under water many times but I don't think I'm comfortable ripping them out with my bare hands. I don't really want to spend money on aquatic gloves or something silly like that....Could I just use some stainless steel tweezers to pick them off the rock? Is it safe to just throw them in the trash?

IMO, if you rip them off, they will eventually retros from the pieces left over. Can you move the rocks together in a spot that won't interfere with wnything else?

The ones I want to remove are on rock that has the other zoas on it as well. There's two types of zoas and the palys on the rock.
Even if I have to keep doing it, I'm ok with that. There really isn't a way to separate the three, though.

Back