best way to showcase my coral... wide or high

EXT

Reefing newb
hi im wondering what would be the best way to display my coral in my new 75 gallon ( long tank) . Wiuld it be better for me to stock up on more live rock and make a wider display or making a center piece and smaller tower around the aquarium...

And the best way to make sure my coral or my live rock moves because of the water and the fish...

Thank you all in advance

Alex

Attachments

• 20130406_145142.jpg
    20130406_145142.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 606
lol the aquascaping is really how you want it to look and epoxy putty is what i used on mine but not really sure i like it so my next tank i think im going to drill the and use like a fiberglass rod or something like that that wont harm the fish or corals just make sure how ever you do it you get good flow thru and around the rocks and give your self plenty of ledges to place your corals good luck show some picks when you get it aquascaped

One of the most appealing ways for the human eye, is to make low, middle, and high areas. This way, you have like tiers of corals. It looks very nice that way. Remember, Caves for fish to hide in and feel safe. Arches for fish to swim through so they don't go stir crazy. And, shelves/flat pieces for coral placement. :)

Check out youtube. Bulk reef supplies made up a video on the 3 main ways to stack your live rock. The wall, caves, and island. Its all personal preferance and what type of fish your housing. Good luck

Back