Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Wow nice looking stuff you got for your tank. I was kinda hoping I would be able to post some new additions to my tank this weekend. My b-day was Friday but I didnt get anything for it. I spent a bunch of time with the kids this weekend so that was good but was hoping for something for my tank. :grumble:

Damn kids! Stealing away your tank quality time! Maybe you will get stuff next weekend?

Man, my bubble coral has looked like ASSssss ever since i put it in my new tank. Everything else looks awesome. :grumble:

I've only had the bubble for a few days. But I had one before in my 55, and then moved it to my 240. That thing was made of steel. No matter what I did to it, where I dropped it, what fell on it, it bounced back. Bubbles can't take a lot of flow. Are you sure you have yours in a gentle enough spot?

I'm going to Vegas at the end of the month, I think I'm going to have to swing out and steal some of those while you're at work!!!!!

My yard is not big enough for you to land your helicopter in. Plus, NDB has strategically placed Claymores all around our house in a last ditch effort to scare away all the weirdos that keep coming to the door when I'm home alone ;)

and what's the big purpley donut shaped coral?

That's a cabbage leather. I've had it for about 5 years. When I got it, it was a frag about the size of a quarter. It has a hole in the middle because in my 240, apparently it started growing onto another rock. I didn't realize it when I was moving stuff around, and I picked up the rock it was originally on and it ripped it in half. Luckily I realized what was going on before the whole thing ripped in half, but it left a nice hole in the middle! Since then it's just been growing outwards like a donut.

Its kinda hard to get used to seeing Biffs tank NOT having the front glass covered in coralline.:D
You've done a hell of job on that reef Biff.:D It looks awesome.

I bought a brittle star from Ben (Tanque Verde if it's the same Ben). He was a very nice guy. I love his zoo tank in the living room.

Yeah, same Ben. His living room zoa tank has been overrun with colonial hydroids :( He is frustrated with it.

Several years ago, I gave him a frag of my xenia. I didn't keep any xenia when I tore down my 240, because it was such a plague in that tank. Guess what one of the frags he gave me included? A little piece of my xenia from 2+ years ago :D

Here are the little frags that Ben gave me:

Blue clove polyps (not quite opened yet):
IMG_3661.jpg

Random zoas/palys/xenia/mushroom/sponge:
IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

Back