big problem help!!!!!!!!

i had been missing fish ....i dont know whos been eating them,,,,,could it had been my arrow crab,,, or decorater crab,or my banded shrimp ..... i need to know so could take them back.....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::death::death::death::death:

well if it is a small fish it could be any one of them. if it was a bigger fish i would say it is the decorater crab or even the coral bannded shrimp if it is a big shrimp

My guess would be the arrow crab or coral banded shrimp as well. Both are known to attack fish. But before you blame it on another animal, are your water parameters all okay?

I have had a CBS for 3+ years,he was my first invert.Never bothered anyone,might not be any benefit to having one,but they are neat.That could all change once spot(clown trigger) is introduced.Although my humu has never even looked twice at him.

I am NOT a member of the CRABS ARE EVIL group and have had each of the 3 you mention. I have never had any problems with my crabs eating any of my LIVE fish. Contrary in fact, I lost my Arrow Crab during a molt to a Maroon Clown fish.

In my limited experience I would think it more likely that your fish are dieing and the carcasses are being consumed. I personally thing that the color and antics of crabs make them perfect for a reef tank.

In my new tank now I have a Decorator Crab and plan on adding a Coral Banded, Emerald and maybe another Arrow Crab.

Charlie :Cheers:

oh yea, and WHAT kinda of fish are they eating clown's,gobie's,tang's, or starter fish such as damsil's? my thought's are +++1 CDaubs..

Back