Bio 14

jrose40

Reefing newb
Everyone talks about not using the factory filters, so I bought the blue and white stuff everyone talks about. Where does everyone put this stuff and how and where etc...
Thanks

As I said before, :), it goes on the top rack in chamber 2, the middle chamber. Just set it on top there and the water will hit it and the filter will collect the junk, just make sure you change it frequently! I change mine like every other day...

I have the protein skimmer on the way and I have removed almost all of the bio balls since I am still cycling. Should I go ahead and remove all of them now?

Everyone talks about not using the factory filters, so I bought the blue and white stuff everyone talks about. Where does everyone put this stuff and how and where etc...
Thanks

What is the blue stuff you are reffering to? I'm still using my factory fllter cartridge in addition to the poly-fill.

of you put small pieces of live rock where the bio balls were and used the skimmer i think that would be enough. most people only run the ir filterpad a coupler days a month

Back