Black and white clownfish

CurtisL

Reefing newb
Hey everyone! I was just looking to see what everyones opinion on what a good price for black and white clowns. I found them for 28 bucks a piece. Anyone think that is a bad price or good?

Doesn't seem a bad price to me. Are they in your LFS, or are you going to have to pay shipping on top of that price?

Sweet and one last ? Has anyone ever put one black and white clown with an orange and white clown? Both oscellerais... Would they get along?

Yes, it can be done. B&W is the more aggressive one. make sure you pick a smaller orange one so that he knows he has to be the male while the B&W become the female.

You think I would have any problems if I did a bigger black with a smaller orange as a beginner? These are my first fish!

I guess I got lucky...I got 2 for $40. I had 2 black and 2 orange. I returned one orange bc he was mean to the others and I could only catch one of the black ones. I had an orange and black together for almost 2 months and the orange died the other day after the tang got ich. I plan on getting another orange and seeing if he will also do well with the black one. It was so cool to see them get along with no aggression!

The clownfish has to be in pair. Some people are lucky to be able to keep 3 of them, but they are simply just lucky. I would push the luck to try to get more than 2 clownfish in a tank. When they get mature, they'll kill have the others one at a time.

Well I did get one black and white and one orange and white on Friday afternoon. Pics are in my build thread they are getting along great and are doing good. They hang out all day when the lights are on. And when they go off they both go to separate corners of the tank lol

They are still young and new to your tank. Give them some times. They'll fight if you have more than 2. You can mark my words. :)

I only have two. I truly believe they will lol with more than two. And I would only get two. They should be fine right?

2 will be fine and if you have a black and orange and they aren't fighting and swimming together that is a good sign! My 2 were always together even at night when the light was off, till the orange died the other day. Hopefully I can get him a friend today...

I had 4 and it was too much...one orange one started nipping at the other black one. I had to take him back...

Back