Black Clown Goby

Marine88

Joey Logano Super Fan!
Just Got a new clown goby! he is awesome
But he is hard to find how do i always know if he is alive??:bounce:

You don't. They are generally pretty outgoing, showy fish. He may hide for the first couple weeks or so, but should settle down into his new home with time. He'll get more comfortable and come out more later, so be patient with him in the beginning. They are great fish.

I have a little black clown goby too. He was shy at first, but by the end of the first week he found a spot to perch that he still uses to this day. Now he always swims to me when I approach the tank as if to say hi. Then, when I put my hand in the tank he swims up to it and occasionally sits in it. He has more personality than any of the other fish in my tank. Oh and he doesn't bother my SPS but I have mostly LPS.

I still canit find him i have a smaller yellow clown goby but he hasn't turned up
You don't mean that you have a black AND a yellow clown goby do you? They might be ok together but they might fight so keep a close eye on them

Last edited:
I've gone weeks without seeing a fish; swore it was gone, then poof it appears. Just because you don't see it - don't mean it ain't there!

hopefully it shows up. im if its gone the cuc has taken care of it long ago. hopefully you see it sometime but i wouldnt get your hopes up.

if we are still talking about a clown goby then I have to agree with alex. They usually only hide long enough to make sure they aren't going to be eaten. Once they hide out for a day or so, they are right out in front to keep an eye on what's going on. Marine, can you give us a rundown on your parameters & stock list?

Back