Black or Blue

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I am trying to decided on a new backround. I have blue now but I think black would look cool with the white sand and the brightness of the metal hallides on coral.

What color back do you have or prefer.

Mines just one of those thats got different backgrounds that you get at petsmart or something,which has a picture of a coral reef.But I personaly think that blue would look more natural.

Mine is blue....it was a personal preference.The type I have is like window tint.Peel back the clear plastic and squeegee the background with soap and water.

Jermpool and I have had both. I kinda like the Black better because everything shows up better. You notice more colors in the tank.

Black for me. At first because they didn't have a 65 cent blue posterboard at Walgreens, but they did have black. Heheh.

But actually, I think the colors show up better in the tank with a matte black background, and the coralline on the back of the tank looks great in front of black.

I like the blue, but I just painted a tank I'm in the middle of setting up black and I think it looks great that way.

i heard blue gives a wider look which "expands" the view and the black tends to offset or accentuate the colors in the aquarium. i like blue but its your aquarium so its up to you.

backers for your tank? Never thought of such a thing. My coralline algae has my tank totally covered, so I guess the back of my tank is, well, purple, by nature.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Dr Marco said:
backers for your tank? Never thought of such a thing. My coralline algae has my tank totally covered, so I guess the back of my tank is, well, purple, by nature.

I haven't put a background on my tank for the very same reason, once i get all the rock i want in there and the coralline takes over there will be no need.

Dr Marco said:

Very true, but I think nothing looks better than coraline ontop of a black backround, it even brings out the purple color of the algae.

mine is currently blue. i've been wanting to go black. just have'nt got enough ambition to take everything off the back of the tank to tint it.

Back