Black Powerhead

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I am looking for a good powerhead that is black in color. I really like the Maxi-Jets but they are all gray. I want a black powerhead because of my black backround and overflow box.

If you have one or know of one that works as well as the Maxi-Jet, let me know.

Thanks.

aqua clears are good..but dont worry about the color..if it does the job, it is what matters...
No, I am gonna worry about the color. I am a total appearance guy. I want my display tank to looks its best. And that includes having the powerheads blend in with the black backround. And if I can find a good black powerhead, I am going to buy it.

If you cant stand the color that much but like the powerhead then just paint them black. BTW krylon fusion spray paint is safe for saltwater.

You could also build an aquascape in front of the powerheads.... Ive seen a couple tanks that you could never guess where the powerheads are located at.

find a way to hide cause your not gonna blend it in cause once you get some coralline algae growing on it its not going to blend in with background no more.

find a way to hide cause your not gonna blend it in cause once you get some coralline algae growing on it its not going to blend in with background no more.
I cant wait until my powerheads are covered in coralline algae and barnacles..... I think it would be cool to super glue some coral frags to them. Maybe some zoanthids.... cleaning them would be a pain in the ass then.

If you cant stand the color that much but like the powerhead then just paint them black. BTW krylon fusion spray paint is safe for saltwater.

Hmmm..... I really feel scetchy doing that. I don't want to doubt you but are you absolutely sure???

Yes alot of people are using it to paint the plumbing to match the back of the tank and I read were a guy used it to color up the great stuff foam when he did his reef.

I'd have to disagree that Koralias are better for the money. IMO they are big and bulky as well as having a more laminar flow. The way the water is pushed through the front it seems to have a very narrow stream that is spread out only from top to bottom. Just my 2c but I'd go with the nanos.

Back