bleeny not eating

hibye

Reef enthusiast
i dont know why my scooter blenny is breathing hard and not eating as usally.and my fire fish is breathing hard but eating fine.is it some kind of disease :question:

I have had two blennys and they always seem to breath hard. If hes not eating that can be a prob. My first one never ate and died my secondone eats anything and everything. What kind of blenny is it? You can try to feed some mysis. I have a lawnmower and he would eat the algae and then started taking the mysis when I feed my clowns now I think thats all he eats.

Have you noticed you scooter picking at the pods in your rock work?He may be keeping a full stomache but hunting.
As for the hard breathing.Are you getting enough gas exchange?Most of the time,scooters will stay closer to the bottom of the tank where there may not be as much disolved oxygen.

Sorry did'nt relize you said scooter till I saw yotes reply. Do you have alot of pods in your tank?

yesterday i went to the fish store and bought another firefish becase they are supposed to be in groups and that might help mine .

Re: blennynot eating

today i have bad news and good news
. the bad news is that my blenny died and my old firefish is breathing hard and not eating at all but the good news is that my new firefish and my false perc are doing fine

Have you noticed you scooter picking at the pods in your rock work?He may be keeping a full stomache but hunting.
As for the hard breathing.Are you getting enough gas exchange?Most of the time,scooters will stay closer to the bottom of the tank where there may not be as much disolved oxygen.

yep he used to eat the pods until now . before he died he wouldnt eat any pods or frozen foods . i have two airpumps one to my protien skimmer and one for a small under gravel filter for 10 gal.

It's a bad idea to buy new fish and add them if you have fish in the tank that are already sick and dying. Yes, firefish usually do better in groups, but that would not be the reason why yours is sick.

What are your parmeters?
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
PH
DKH
Salinity
Temp.
Post the numbers for those,that might help us to help you.

sorry guys i havent been on for a while but my old firefish died over night and the hermits got him.the new firefish and my false perc semm to be fine:frustrat::death::mrgreen:

sorry guys i havent been on for a while but my old firefish died over night and the hermits got him.the new firefish and my false perc semm to be fine

Back