Blenny eating my xenia

hazelsdad

Reefing newb
All of a sudden my xenia went to crap wilted and then gone. I caught my blenny destroying them last night. Debating on getting rid of the blenny and trying to salvage the last few stalks of Xenia left. Any suggestions. Gotta do something today.

Are you 100% sure that Blenny was after your Xenia?
While most Blennies will go after algae,I've never known one to to touch any kind of coral.

+1 Yote. Xenia has a habit of disappearing overnight all of a sudden. I couldn't keep it to save my life in my old 55. But if you witnessed the blenny in action, he could've been the culprit (although I've never heard of that, like Yote).

Yea. I couldn't believe it. I watched him literally tear the leafs apart then go right atthe stalk. It's a steinwitz I think it's spelled. He's great at algea but now wondering if he has been terrorizing ally sorties I've had problems with.

Klausewitz's Blenny is what he was. And he has been given to a new home. Reef safe (caution)
Hope my xenias can grow back and i havent lost em all. They have almost all taken good damage.

Xenia is one of the more hardier corals. If youve been able to keep it so far. I'm betting it will be fine. I cut my Xenia at the base one a rock and barely left any flesh. And that lil flesh grew Into another stalk.

From totally flurishing to what the hells going on to OMG seriously!!! more then half gone

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 454
Back