Blindloser1080's 45G reef tank build

Blindloser1080

Reefing newb
Hey everybody! I'm just getting back into reefing, and am totally excited! I actually just got my setup completed this evening! (11/19/2009) (dating because, cant wait to see what it looks like about a year from now!!!)

Here is a list of what I have for equipment:

45G tall tank
Lifereef overflow
Custom 10G sump
Danner Model 5 Supreme sump pump
Octopus BH-300F skimmer
Nova Extreme 36" T-5 lighting setup.

No live rock yet. Getting about 60-70 lbs tomorrow!

Honestly, I'm used to having a Prizm skimmer, with just plain lighting in a FOWLR setup. This time, I'm going to try corals (but not for a while of course.)

Thank you guys so much for helping me set this up to begin with! Honestly I had no clue how to do the plumbing for an overflow/sump, and you guys helped me get this done! Thanks!!!!! I've been buying piece by piece and now it's finally time :^::^:

Update:

Ended up getting about 60 lbs of live rock, and my friend bought me a Longnose Hawkfish from the LFS yesterday at the big sale for x-mas present! I will have pictures up tomorrow! So happy with the 1st addition to the tank!:^::^:

I am also getting most of my set up equipment for Christmas...I can't wait to see how your build is going to turn out!

Finally! Got some pictures made up for the site! My Longnose Hawkfish is such a ham! I broke out the camera, and he came out from back of the rock and just sat there while i took his picture.

Here's Checkers! My x-mas present from one of my besties! What a ham! Has such a cool blue tint to the eyes.

They are reef-safe with caution. If you keep them fed then it should be ok. My buddy has one in his 55G that's about 5" long and has no problems with his.

I love the Hawkfish, I had an Arc-eye a few years back, he was cool but VERY territorial. This guy seems less aggressive than that one.

You should enter the fish pic in the POTM thread!

Tank's looking good. Gonna add a black or colored background to the back glass?

Update:

Well, went and paid very close attention to the tank today. I have had a new colony of white specks appear all over the glass on the tank. They are VERY tiny, and some are like a lil white speck with arms on them. Any clue on what these could be?

Added a new one to the home! Diamond Goby. Love this guy!

picture001kk.jpg

By blindloser1080, shot with u840,S840 at 2010-01-13

He was very shy at first, but now he hangs around my Longnose Hawkfish quite often!

picture002b.jpg

By blindloser1080, shot with u840,S840 at 2010-01-13

Back