Blue damsel

I wouldnt keep a single maroon in a 20 gal either, and find it especially bad that you knew better to try and cycle the tank with a fish and you did it anyways when you had an ammonia reading.

Of course he is going to try and sell you something, its a store, that is what they do. Very few LFS actually care or have real knowledge of the hobby.

Chichi has 2 maroons in a 10, and she has been in the hobby for 12 years. I'm not claiming to know everything because although I have been doing this for a few years now, there is still SO much to learn., hence why I am here. Should I put the biocube skimmer on the 20g tank too? Wasn't sure if i should just get rid of the biowheel and keep the skimmer or run both?

That isnt a permeant home for the clowns, they are going in her 60 gallon cube.

I would keep the skimmer, always handy to have, but I would ditch the biowheel. In a small tank you can get away with only water change, but if you have the skimmer you might as well use it.

That isnt a permeant home for the clowns, they are going in her 60 gallon cube.

I would keep the skimmer, always handy to have, but I would ditch the biowheel. In a small tank you can get away with only water change, but if you have the skimmer you might as well use it.
Haven't purchased it yet, so should I save my money? Right now there is only LR rubble and floss/sponge in it, but the biowheel wont help for carbon purposes? I feel bad because we have taken over this thread! lol I think we should just combine the convo on my 20g thread and let him have his tread back! lol

The problem with biowheels and those mechanical filters is that they trap junk, let it rot and then smaller pieces just wash back out into the tank unless you are cleaning the thing at least once a week. So you end up with nitrates, and carbon wont help that. Personally, I dont put much into using carbon unless you are using it to polish the water once and awhile.

If you havent purchased the skimmer, i would try running without one, just make sure you do your regular water changes.

And good idea! Back to your thread for this stuff.

Sorry to the OP!

I hate that Damsel fish have such a bad reputation. I have one. I got it against the advice of most people here! Its such a beautiful fish. Good thing its hearty too since its in MY tank! (Bad run of "luck" here lately) Anyway, my Damsel is as sweet as can be. It was the next to last fish I added. (Re introduced a Royal Gramma after the Damsel when mine died.) Its not the smallest fish in the tank, but far from the largest. Its just a nice fish who buddies around with all the others.

Guess I'm lucky is some ways.

Back