Blue Hepatus Tang what can i combine

:dunno::question: what fish can they go with...i was thinking clownfish cc starfish...skunk shirmp cleaner...what other fish can go with the blue hepatus tang

You cannot keep any tang in a 30 gallon tank. They require a minimum of at least 75 gallons.

You should look at firefish (purple and red), gobies, blennies, dwarf angels (coral beauty and flame), sixline wrasse, and some cardinal fish.

o ok i was going to get them small and then take them back wend they get big...i done that with my other fish....with my pacu and oscar...

I would say maybe to that, If you had like a 55 or 75 (still small tanks for a Hippo). But with a 30g, you really can't have any tangs, baby or not. Tangs are fish that need a lot of space to swim around.

Oscars and pacu aren't really something you can compare this to either. Oscars are indestructable, and freshwater in general is a completely different world of knowledge and experience. Honestly, the only thing I can think of that SW and FW have in common is the nitrogen cycle. Other than that, comparing the ocean to a lake/river etc ecosystem is like comparing an anarctic tundra to the rainforest.

I've bred oscars and pacus before I got into saltwater, and trust me, there is a huge difference. Biff is 100% correct...you cannot keep a tang in a 30gal. Many have tried, all have failed at doing so.

There right.
Even a baby tang wont survive in a 30 gallon tank.Theres just not enough room for them to burn off the energy they have,so they stress and die.

Dont go and Buy one just to have one and put it in a 30 gal tank and then take him back later.
you put him in that tank it will die, tangs need at least 75+ gallons

But with a 30g, you really can't have any tangs, baby or not. Tangs are fish that need a lot of space to swim around.

I totally agree. Alot of folks say I can have one as a baby in a small tank and everything will be OK. Not so. The smaller tank will stunt their immune system and hasten parasites and disease. Not a good idea.

Back