Brand New!

Justin

Reefing newb
I'm brand new to the saltwater world. I have been doing a lot of research here and there for years but recently came across a set up that I couldn't pass up. While I know a little it would be nice to get some feedback from more experienced saltwater enthusiast. My current set up is a 20 Gallon long tank. It has a Rio nano skimmer, Marine land Bio Wheel 200, heater with a digital temp read out, 400 GPH wave maker Coralife dual 24in light fixture with the 10,0000K Daylight and Actinic Blue Lamps. I think that is all for equipment. As far as live stock, it has maybe 5-8 pounds live rock, a few Kenya tree coral, snails, hermit crab, small star fish, a blood red shrimp, and two tomato clown fish. I bought this set up right off CL just how it is. I would like to turn it into a nano reef tank in the future. I am looking forward to constructive criticism. I'm eager to learn as much as I can. Let me know if there is something I should change or upgrade.

Hi and welcome to LR! I would get some more live rock in there. Generally, you want 1-2 lbs per gallon. That is all the "constructive criticism" I have for now.;)

Thank you. LOL I was thinking the same thing about the live rock. I was also thinking that since I eventually want to turn the tank into a nano reef tank that I would need better/more lights? Not sure. Maybe a 30 inch Coralife quad? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

True. I am going to have to do some more research on that. As far as the Tomato clown fish that I have. Is the 20L tank big enough? I have read so many different things on the web. I don't want them to be uncomfortable and stress. They seem fine though. Thanks again for all the help.

Back